John will continue to be an important advocate for LGBTQ people in West Hollywood
Every day, John D’Amico works to ensure that West Hollywood continues to be a safe, affordable place to live, work and play. The values that make West Hollywood unique include a commitment to housing that is livable and attainable; social services that help people live their authentic lives to the fullest; a focus on public safety; civil rights; the importance of every point of view; and a creative spirit that keeps the city humane, sustainable, essential and growing.
Since first being elected, John has helped bring about great progress in important ways:
- West Hollywood has doubled the number of affordable housing units, exceeding State and local goals and continuing to include required on-site units for all income levels,
- Strengthened rent-control laws, ensuring that residents are safe in their rent-controlled units.
- Expanded public safety and policing programs, improving traffic safety on Fountain Avenue and reducing excess traffic in residential neighborhoods.
- Worked on smart fixed-rail transit options and improving and extending bike lanes. The Cityline, Pick-up Line and Sunset Trip are big successes.
- Advocated for more funding for human services that improve the lives of seniors every day, and homeless initiatives linking people to care, resources and permanent housing.