Marisa will be the first openly LGBTQ person to serve on the Parkland School Board
Marisa Ziegler is running for Parkland School Board Director. She has lived in Breinigsville, PA for 7 years with her wife and 6-year-old twins. Ziegler is a public school educator and proud union member, with 12 years of teaching experience in the PA public school system and was chosen to be one of the leaders of her school district’s literacy initiative.
A parent of two young children in the district Ziegler is invested in providing opportunities, resources, and a well-rounded curriculum that will help all students achieve their full potential now and in the future.
Her time as an educator and experience as a parent has confirmed her belief that we must look at the whole child when making decisions regarding the needs of students and school districts. To that end, as a school board director her top goals would be to:
- Ensure reaching all students where they are and moving them forward to academic success.
- Strengthen and enforce school bullying policies.
- Provide teachers and administrators with the resources and on-going professional development necessary to reach district goals.
- Limit testing to only what is necessary. Standardized test scores should not be a part of teacher evaluations.
- Work with elected officials as an advocate for a fair-funding formula in Pennsylvania that does not rely solely on raising taxes.