Pamela brings the perspective of an LGBTQ parent to Prince George's County schools!
Pamela Boozer-Strother is a devoted parent and a dedicated activist who is running for re-election as the District 3 representative on the Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) Board of Education. Since 2018, Pamela has delivered on her promises:
• Leading through the unexpected crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, focused on the health and safety of staff and students first.
• Historic school construction funding in District 3, including a new Elementary School (Spring ‘22), two new Middle Schools (Fall ‘23) and the planning of a new Northern Area High School (Fall ‘27).
• Board sponsor of the Climate Change Action Plan Focus Work Group of the Board of Education that will present the first-ever PGCPS carbon-emissions reduction plan for the system in Spring ‘22.
• Increased funding for English Language Learners, Special Education and neighborhood Community Schools through coordinated advocacy and lobbying for Blueprint for Maryland’s Future/Kirwan Commission and service as the Board representative on the Community Schools Steering Committee for PGCPS.
• Expanded mental health services with funding for mental health practitioners in all schools by 2024, and instituted a new policy that mental health days now be approved as lawful absences.
• Passed the Educational Equity Policy that now guides all decision making in PGCPS that is centered on recognizing each child’s unique experiences including new policies and procedures for LGBTQAI+ students, staff and parents.