Mark is a powerful voice for equality in the Virginia House of Delegates!
Now serving in his twentieth year in Virginia’s House, Delegate Mark Sickles (D-43) continues to focus on affordable health care coverage for all, expanded voting access, sensible gun safety measures, equality for all people, and transportation solutions for Northern Virginia. As the ranking member of the Health, Welfare and Institutions Committee, and a member of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Resources, he is working with a great team to expand access and to improve Virginia’s mental health, substance abuse, and disability services.
Committee Assignments & Legislative Work
• Health, Welfare and Institutions Committee; Appropriations Committee, Privileges and Elections Committee, and Rules Committee.
• Health and Human Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Joint Rules Subcommittee; Transportation and Public Safety Appropriations Subcommittee; Health, Welfare and Institutions Subcommittee #2; Privileges and Elections Subcommittee #2
• Serves as a budget conferee. Worked to pass Medicaid Expansion, secure teacher pay raises, an optional college tuition freeze in current budget. He secured funding for the National Museum of the U.S. Army, Gunston Hall, GMU’s School of Conflict Analysis and Resolution, Mason Neck State Park, various Disability Community requests, Virginia’s hospitals and long-term care facilities, and resources to combat COVID-19.
• Chair, Governor’s Aerospace Advisory Council
• Member, Joint Subcommittee on Health and Human Resources Oversight
• Member, Joint Committee on the Closure of Training Centers
• Member, Major Employment and Investment (MEI) Project Approval Commission
• Member, Governor’s Advisory Council on Revenue Estimates
• Member, Prescription Drug Pricing Workgroup