The Intern position will support all members of the Communications team. They will become familiar with all aspects of internal and external communications and direct marketing in a non-profit and political environment; as well as learn technical skills ranging from database management to online organizing.
Internship Dates and Deadlines
There are three internship periods each year:
- Winter 2018 Internship: Mid-January through May 12. Application deadline January 15, 2018.
- Summer 2018 Internship: May 28 through August 24. Application deadline May 18, 2018.
- Fall 2018 Internship: September 3 through December 14. Application deadline August 24, 2018.
- Creates both internal and external communications ranging from marketing collateral to web content.
- Provides support with the development and distribution of event marketing publications.
- Produces content for The Agenda blog.
- Assists with all aspects of Public Relations, including press release writing and distribution.
- Participates in meetings (inside and outside of office), industry functions and coalition efforts.
- Provides support to all Communications Team.
- Shares responsibility of general office support including: mail distribution, inventory/restock, organizing and technical assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of meeting and event needs and logistics.
- Solid writing and communication skills (previous newsletter experience desired, but not required).
- Interest in fundraising and development, specifically special events.
- Basic understanding of the benefits of customer service.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign desired, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum of 30 hours per week for ten full weeks.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.