This position will assist the Communications team and report to the Senior Communications & Marketing Manager. They will become familiar with aspects of internal and external communications, including digital marketing and press outreach, in a nonprofit and political environment; as well as learn technical skills ranging from database management to online organizing.
- Create both internal and external communications ranging from online communications, SMS outreach, website content and design elements.
- Assist with visibility opportunities for the organizations, including maintaining press database and outreach lists.
- Create weekly & monthly reports on KPIs for email and acquisition programs to test and evaluate strategies.
- Make recommendations on new technologies and strategies that could increase the effectiveness and visibility of Victory’s marketing presence.
- Participate in meetings (inside and outside of office), industry functions and coalition efforts.
- When in-office, share responsibility of general office support including: mail distribution, inventory/restock, organizing and technical assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid writing and communication skills (previous writing experience desired).
- Interest in online fundraising, social media strategy and media relations.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or video creation desired, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum of 20 hours per week for ten full weeks or more.
All positions are virtual until further notice.
Interns will be paid DC minimum wage.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.