The Development Fundraising Intern will gain an inside look at the daily work of Victory’s Development team through shadowing staff members, observing donor outreach, supporting special events and providing direct assistance and support to the team in all areas of fundraising. The ideal candidate should aim to gain a detailed understanding of donor relations, event planning, prospect research and outreach, and fundraising strategy, in addition to training in the EveryAction donor database.
- Conducts research on donor prospects, including past giving and contact information.
- Provides crucial event support, including ticket processing and database management.
- Shadows development team senior staff in meetings and phone calls with potential donors, current donors, board members and other staff as available.
- Fields general line phone calls, addressing questions as able and forwarding all other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Provides data entry assistance to Development Team members, with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists with printing, collating and handling of donor appeals, Victory information packets, acknowledgement letters and other mailings.
- Participates in weekly team meetings, where fundraising strategy and planning are discussed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Development Team.
- Interest in learning about non-profit management and leadership as well as LGBTQ politics
- Focused interest in resource development and fundraising.
- Experience in an office environment, prospect research, or direct donor solicitation a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All positions are virtual until further notice.
Interns will be paid DC minimum wage.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.