The Development Fundraising Intern will gain an inside look at the daily work of Victory’s Development team through shadowing staff members, observing donor outreach, supporting special events and providing direct assistance and support to the team in all areas of fundraising. The ideal candidate should aim to gain a detailed understanding of donor relations, event planning, prospect research and outreach, and fundraising strategy, in addition to training in the EveryAction donor database.
Internship Dates and Deadlines
There are three internship periods each year:
- Winter 2018 Internship: Mid-January through May 12. Application deadline January 15, 2018.
- Summer 2018 Internship: May 28 through August 24. Application deadline May 18, 2018.
- Fall 2018 Internship: September 3 through December 14. Application deadline August 24, 2018.
- Conducts research on donor prospects, including past giving and contact information.
- Provides crucial event support, including ticket processing and database management.
- Shadows development team senior staff in meetings and phone calls with potential donors, current donors, board members and other staff as available.
- Fields general line phone calls, addressing questions as able and forwarding all other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Provides data entry assistance to Development Team members, with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists with printing, collating and handling of donor appeals, Victory information packets, acknowledgement letters and other mailings.
- Participates in weekly team meetings, where fundraising strategy and planning are discussed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Development Team.
The ideal candidate should be interested in learning about non-profit management and leadership as well as LGBTQ politics with a focused interest in resource development and fundraising. Experience in an office environment, prospect research, or direct donor solicitation a plus, but not required.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.