This position will assist the Communications team and report to the Senior Communications & Marketing Manager. They will become familiar with aspects of internal and external communications with an emphasis on digital & email marketing in a nonprofit and political environment; as well as learn technical skills ranging from database management to digital strategy.
- Assist with crafting content for online campaigns, including blog content, SMS program and email marketing and newsletters.
- Write and research content that inspires supporters and Victory’s networks.
- Set up, code and test online fundraising, including email and SMS.
- Assist with team research projects, including data collection and press outreach.
- Participate in meetings (inside and outside of office), industry functions and coalition efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid writing and communication skills (previous writing experience desired).
- Candidates with knowledge of HTML/CSS will be strongly considered.
- Interest in online fundraising and digital marketing.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or video creation desired, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum of 20 hours per week for ten full weeks or more.
All positions are virtual until further notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum of 30 hours per week for ten full weeks.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.