For over 25 years, Victory Fund and Victory Institute have helped to train, place and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 500 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including six Members of Congress, and the nation’s first out U.S. Senator.
Victory Fund and Victory Institute are seeking a Digital Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for all aspects of Victory’s email marketing program, email listservs, digital newsletters and print marketing materials.
The ideal candidate will have email marketing experience – including writing, building and sending emails – and experience analyzing trends and data to make informed email marketing decisions. They will also have experience designing basic print marketing materials.
Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Manage email fundraising and marketing program – including email database, content strategy, production, segmentation and testing.
- Draft content for emails and digital ads, and work with staff to ensure all online marketing aligns with organizational and messaging goals.
- Conduct and share timely and regular analysis of email marketing performance, and develop and implement strategies to grow the program.
- Create graphics for emails and other digital marketing efforts.
- Build online petitions, contribution pages and other registration forms to accompany digital marketing.
- In coordination with the database manager, maintain and grow email listservs.
- Work with colleagues to develop digital marketing plans for events and other Victory programming.
- Create print marketing materials for organizations and events – including event invites, event signage, event programs, organizational program brochures and other print materials as needed.
- Assist with production and creation of annual reports, research briefings and other reports.
- Make recommendations on new technologies and strategies that could increase the effectiveness and visibility of Victory’s marketing presence.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; plus two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) for both digital and print marketing materials.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS and building email templates.
- Familiarity with email distribution programs and listserv management.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Well-organized with an ability to manage dozens of short and long-term deadlines.
- Interest in and knowledge of the LGBT movement and/or progressive issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines, balance competing priorities, and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday.
- Strong attention to detail.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.