Join our team and help LGBTQ candidates win!
For over 25 years, the Victory Fund has helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 500 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including 6 Members of Congress, and the nation’s first out U.S. Senator.
Victory Fund is seeking a Major Gifts and Event Sponsorship Manager. Reporting to the Development Director, the Major Gifts and Event Sponsorship Manager is responsible for managing and fundraising for Victory Fund’s national events and raising major gifts.
The ideal candidate will have development and event management experience, and a proven track record of raising major gifts and event sponsorships. Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Manage a portfolio that consists of all of Victory Fund’s signature event sponsors and prospects
- Manage each event’s “Steering Committee” to function as local validators and volunteer fundraisers and to assist in committee expansion and profitability
- Manage and utilize the Development Department’s Event Manager to support logistics and
- Use a variety of solicitation tools, including: events, meetings, calls, and online communication;
- Manage relationships, communications and giving plans with major donors around the country;
- Identify and schedule donor prospect meetings for the President & CEO, other Senior Staff, Board and VCB members around events
- Work with development, political, and program staff as well as the Board of Directors to identify new and creative methods for increasing revenue through established event series.
Day to Day
- A large majority of the day will be spent communicating with donors and prospects to generate revenue
- Correspondence with appropriate staff, vendors, board members, host committees and volunteers
- Preparation for all meetings related to events
- Update guest lists and timeline on a daily basis
- Review and approve all marketing materials as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus, two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and commitment to working within a team environment to meet hard fundraising targets established through annual budgeting.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
- Impeccable follow up and follow through
- Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to prioritize requests and delegate
- Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment
- Willingness to work beyond traditional business hours
- Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
Victory Fund is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.