For over 30 years, LGBTQ Victory Fund and LGBTQ Victory Institute have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, more than 1,000 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including 11 members of Congress and three governors.
Victory is seeking an Outreach and Engagement Manager to build strong Victory Fund state chapters to support endorsed candidates up and down the ballot. Reporting to the Vice President of Outreach and Engagement, the Outreach and Engagement Manager supports state chapters with best practices around organizational development, membership recruitment, and field organizing to build a grassroots network of organizers to lift up our endorsed candidates. The Outreach and Engagement Manager will work with the Vice President of Outreach and Engagement to develop and execute strategies to grow the state chapters and build a pipeline of candidates for 2023 races and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have campaign experience and a proven track record of building organizations. They will also have some familiarity with campaign planning, membership recruitment, and what it takes to win public office in the United States. Commitment to the mission is a must.
Outreach and Engagement State Chapters
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Victory chapters in an assigned number of states.
- Provide ongoing advice and support to state chapters with regard to event planning, membership and volunteer recruitment, and leadership development.
- Organize regular meetings with state chapters, ensure high attendance, and disseminate notes after meeting.
- Advise the Vice President on key field and event planning actions in which the Victory Fund should partake.
- Oversee the tracking of all events organized and co-organized by the state chapters.
- Occasionally deploy to assist key Victory Fund electoral priorities in targeted races and oversee Victory led engagement in a campaign.
Relationships with Electoral Allies
- In coordination with the Vice President, the Outreach and Engagement Manager must maintain a strong network of political contacts and partnerships with other electoral organizations to broaden the base of political support for LGBTQ candidates and Victory Fund.
- Work with the Vice President to identify partner organizations for joint support of our endorsed candidates.
- Serve as a liaison on partner calls for Victory and advocate for our endorsed candidates.
- Grow the recognition of Victory Fund and Victory Institute as the organizations for LGBTQ candidates.
Internal Organizational Development
- Work with the Vice President to provide regular updates on the Outreach and Engagement program to the rest of Victory.
- Ensure coordination between various stakeholders within Victory, including other departments and the Victory Campaign Board.
- Track and organize travel for the Vice President in advance of trips.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, plus three to five years of significant political experience, ideally with some portion of that time spent at a large PAC, statewide organization, party committee, or candidate’s campaign; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Wide range of electoral experience including campaign planning, communications, and fundraising and the ability to impart those experiences in an educative way.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
- Approaches work with commitment, flexibility and diligence.
Sincere commitment to Victory’s mission.
- Able to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, candidates, and partner organizations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed.
- Position location is Washington, DC, preferred. The location of a candidate applying to the position and/or willingness of the candidate to relocate to the Washington, DC, area may be taken into account when making hiring decisions.
The salary for this position is $65,000 – 75,000. Please include salary requirements in your materials. Full-time staff are eligible for Victory’s comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health reimbursement account, medical flexible spending account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k, parental leave and generous paid time off.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and how you learned about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.