For 30 years, LGBTQ Victory Fund has helped to train, place and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, almost 1,000 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including 9 Members of Congress two U.S. Senators, and two governors.
Victory Fund is looking for a Political Associate to assist the political team with Victory’s endorsement process, data collection, and candidate recruitment and pipelining.
Reporting to the Vice President of Political Programs, the Political Associate helps to ensure the smooth operation of the political team. This position will oversee projects that help synthesize candidate assessments and data tracking, as well as recognizing political opportunity and pipelining future candidates. The position will also be charged with certain administrative tasks such as the scheduling of political team meetings.
- Help research the campaigns of endorsement applicants and assist in writing reviews of races for the Victory Campaign Board (our endorsement board) and staff as assigned.
- Assist the communications and political teams to research and ensure the accuracy of information for candidate profiles on the Victory website and for potential research narratives.
- Enter incoming endorsement applications in Victory’s database.
- Manage and oversee multiple databases of potential candidates, elected officials and other stakeholders, and serve as the point person for quality control.
- Organize monthly endorsement slates and create voting links in partnership with Victory Campaign Board Manager.
- Assist in ongoing reviews of endorsed candidates’ campaigns to assess Victory Fund’s involvement.
- Make recommendations to the Vice President of Political Programs on Victory Fund’s involvement in certain races.
- Pitch communication narratives to the communications department.
- Oversee the tracking of all identified LGBTQ election results and, in partnership with rest of the Victory teams, develop election briefs for endorsed campaigns.
- Ensure that Victory Fund’s website has accurate and timely updates on information related to endorsed candidates, including bundling links and appropriate supporting material.
- Coordinate with Victory Campaign Board Manager for implementation of sponsored fundraising events.
- Deploy to assist endorsed campaigns, as needed.
Team Support and Administration
- Draft team meeting agendas and manage scheduling of joint team meetings.
- Complete requests from other teams in a timely manner and generate ideas for long-term projects, including cross-team collaboration efforts.
- Assist in developing quarterly Board presentations in conjunction with the political team.
- Assist in scheduling for the Vice President of Political Programs.
- Assist Political Manager in organizational tracking and maintaining of relationships with allied organizations.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in information-gathering and research, candidate services, scheduling, and administrative tasks. Excellent candidates will have experience in data analysis and strong technical skills. Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- One to two cycles of political experience in field, management, and/or research work.
- Ability to be a strong writer, analyst, and team player under pressure.
- Ability to handle and compile privileged information.
- Strong, STRONG attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Position will be virtual until September, after which it will be based in Washington, DC.
The salary for this position is $45,000 – 53,000. Please include salary requirements in your materials. Full-time staff are eligible for Victory’s comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health reimbursement account, medical flexible spending account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k, parental leave and generous paid time off.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls or walk-ins please.