Victory Fund is changing the face of voice of politics by identifying, training and electing LGBTQ leaders to all levels of office, in every corner of America. We do our work through endorsing candidates that have proven viability and providing those candidates with technical and financial resources to assist them in running to most effective campaign possible.
Your internship will be focused primarily on the political work done by the Victory Fund and assisting the political team in their work with our endorsed candidates.
Internship Dates and Deadlines
There are three internship periods each year:
- Winter 2018 Internship: Mid-January through May 12. Application deadline January 15, 2018.
- Summer 2018 Internship: May 28 through August 24. Application deadline May 18, 2018.
- Fall 2018 Internship: September 3 through December 14. Application deadline August 24, 2018.
- Assist in tracking the progress of LGBTQ campaigns and endorsed candidates across the country.
- Assist candidates through the Victory Fund endorsement process and in preparing reviews of their campaigns.
- Participate in and summarize weekly team meetings, distributing concise accurate notes in a timely manner to team members.
- Conduct research on endorsed candidates, out elected and appointed officials and other issues related to current and past campaigns and elections.
- Conduct research and analysis of voting history, demographic patterns, political trends, etc. in specific geographic regions or for specific or potential elections.
- May draft profiles of newly endorsed candidates for mailings, web profiles, etc.
- Share responsibility of general office support including: mail distribution, inventory/restock, organizing/cleaning, and technical assistance.
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.