Victory Fund is changing the face of voice of politics by identifying, training and electing LGBTQ leaders to all levels of office, in every corner of America. We do our work through endorsing candidates that have proven viability and providing those candidates with technical and financial resources to assist them in running to most effective campaign possible.
Your internship will be focused primarily on the political work done by the Victory Fund and assisting the political team in their work with our endorsed candidates.
- Assist in tracking the progress of LGBTQ campaigns and endorsed candidates across the country.
- Assist candidates through the Victory Fund endorsement process and in preparing reviews of their campaigns.
- Participate in and summarize weekly team meetings, distributing concise accurate notes in a timely manner to team members.
- Conduct research on endorsed candidates, out elected and appointed officials and other issues related to current and past campaigns and elections.
- Conduct research and analysis of voting history, demographic patterns, political trends, etc. in specific geographic regions or for specific or potential elections.
- Draft profiles of newly endorsed candidates for mailings, web profiles, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in LGBTQ politics.
- Experienced in information-gathering, scheduling, and administrative tasks.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All positions are virtual until further notice.
Interns will be paid DC minimum wage.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.