Reports to: VP of Development
For over 29 years, the Victory Fund and Institute have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 850 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including seven Members of Congress, two U.S. Senator, and two Governors.
Victory is seeking a Senior Director of Major Gifts. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Senior Director of Major Gifts is responsible for supporting all aspects of the major gifts program for Victory that includes organizational support for a 527 Political Action Committee, a 501c3 non-profit and special fundraising initiatives. This includes donor research and vetting, robust pipeline development, case and collateral development, data tracking and reporting, and communications.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of raising major gifts and securing event sponsorships for non-profits. Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Work to aggressively grow individual major gifts at Victory by tapping into qualified prospects who have not previously given at a major gift level.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major outright and planned gift prospects by matching and advancing the organization’s fundraising priorities with prospective donors’ interests.
- Actively manage a portfolio of 100-125 high capacity prospects through multiple touch points. Creative and diligent qualification and cultivation of these prospects will be necessary to yield significant philanthropic results.
- Meet explicit performance objectives, including the completion of between 125-150 donor meetings annually.
- With the assistance of development staff, maintain accurate records of anticipated and completed donor related actions, results of constituent contacts, and recommendations or plans for follow-up work within EveryAction database.
- Oversee other development staff as needed.
- Develop and manage the Major Gifts annual budget.
- Shape and edit donor correspondences such as letters, emails, funding proposals and reports.
- Become an expert on Victory’s vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities.
- Develop, organize and implement major donor cultivation events and activities.
- Engage with Victory’s Board, organizational leadership and team members to achieve fundraising goals.
- Manage the Development Major Donor committee which consists of quarterly meetings, relationship management tracking, and supporting committee members with outreach and follow-up.
- Report out on weekly and monthly goals progress.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, plus five to seven years of experience and/or training in direct major gifts fundraising; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Proven track record to solicit gifts both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Experience and commitment to working within a team environment to meet fundraising targets established through annual budgeting.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and via email.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Impeccable follow-up and follow through.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize requests and delegate.
- Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel 40% of time when travel restrictions lift.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Experience with EveryAction a plus.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 – $100,000.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and how you learned about this opportunity to [email protected] No phone calls or walk-ins please.