The Development Team Special Events Intern will gain an inside look at the daily work of Victory’s Development team through shadowing staff members and providing direct assistance and support to the team in all areas of event planning and management. The ideal candidate should aim to gain a detailed understanding of event planning and management as related to fundraising strategies, in addition to training in Salesforce, one of the most commonly used donor databases, and events management software.
- Conducts research on potential venues and vendors for event.
- Provides crucial event support, including registration and database management.
- Assist in preparation of event materials such as signage and marketing collateral.
- Provides on site event support for DC area events including set up and break down of events.
- Assists in outreach to potential sponsors and event attendees.
- Shadows development team senior staff in meetings and phone calls with potential event sponsors, current event sponsors, key constituents, steering committees, and other staff as available.
- Fields general line phone calls, addressing questions as able and forwarding all other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Provides data entry assistance to Development Team members, with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Participates in weekly team meetings, where fundraising strategy and event planning are discussed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Development Team.
The ideal candidate should be interested in learning about non-profit management and leadership as well as LGBTQ politics with a focused interest in resource development and fundraising. Experience in an office environment, prospect research or direct donor solicitation a plus, but not required.
Applicants should complete our online application as far in advance of your desired placement date as possible.