For over 28 years, the Victory Fund and Institute have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 850 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including eight Members of Congress, two U.S. Senator, and two Governors.
Victory is seeking a Victory Cabinet Manager. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the VCM is responsible for fundraising for Victory Fund’s national events, building our sustaining donor program, and raising mid-level gifts of $1,200 – $11,999 through our Victory Cabinet donor program.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of raising gifts from individual donors and soliciting event sponsorships for non-profits. Membership, campaign fundraising, and/or other types of development experience are also desired. Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of Victory Fund’s signature event sponsors and prospects in the $1,200 – $12,000 range.
- Expand fundraising efforts in new markets by researching and developing new mid-level donor prospects using a variety of solicitation tools, including: events, meetings, calls, and online communication.
- Identify and schedule donor prospect meetings for the President & CEO, other senior staff, and Board and Victory Campaign Board members around events.
- Expand recurring donor program to build sustainable revenue for Victory’s programs..
- Collaborate with steering committees who function as local validators and volunteer fundraisers for Victory events, and assist in committee expansion and profitability.
- Manage relationships, communications and giving plans with Victory Cabinet members around the country and attend in-person meetings and events (when travel is again allowed).
- Work with development, political, and program staff as well as the Board of Directors to identify new and creative methods for increasing revenue.
- Assist with the management of events.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus, 2-5 years of experience in membership, event and/or individual donor fundraising; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and commitment to working within a team environment to meet hard fundraising targets established through annual budgeting.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Impeccable follow up and follow through.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize requests and delegate.
- Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
- Willingness to work beyond traditional business hours.
- Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel 40% of time when travel is again allowed.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Every Action a plus.
- Position will be virtual until further notice.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $65,000.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and how you learned about this opportunity to [email protected]. No phone calls or walk-ins please.