The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women, people of color, people with disabilities, transgender people and individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Looking for an internship?
The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund seeks interns year-round. Learn more about our internship program »
Looking to work on a campaign?
Victory's Job Bank connects committed, creative, hardworking and smart people with the campaigns of our endorsed candidates around the country. Join the job bank today »
Looking to work in government?
Victory's Executive Appointments Program has assisted hundreds of LGBT professionals who now work in the executive branches of federal, state, and local governments. Upload your resume today »
Looking for a position in the LGBT movement?
For the latest in job openings at LGBT organizations across the country, check out our Gay Politics Report Job Board.
Posting Date: June 29, 2016
Reports To: Director of Development
Location: Washington, DC
The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and Institute (Victory) has an immediate opening for an Events Manager who manages the logistics for Victory’s national and regional events; including ten to twelve fundraising events with the primary goal of increasing revenue and attendance, trainings with the primary goal of creating a positive experience for the participants, and Victory Institute’s annual International LGBT Leadership Conference with the primary goal of creating an energizing atmosphere for conference goers.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and driven, have experienced the fast pace of working in a busy office where juggling competing demands and remaining poised in difficult situations is instinctive, and exemplify the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Support of the Development Team with adherence to and achieves preset revenue goals for each event including but not limited to the following revenue streams:
- Ticket sales
- Corporate and individual Sponsorships
- Program ad sales
- Assist in the coordination of logistics for events and board meetings
- Solicit event attendees and other Victory donors to join the monthly sustainer program
- Maintain accurate records in Victory’s database
- Coordinates speakers and show flow line-up
- Manages host committee suggestions on logistics, venues and programming
- Manages the money and contributions received on the day of the event
Trainings and Conference
- Manages all logistics of events and conference including, but not limited to, site selection and contract negotiation, catering, A/V, volunteers, and participant experience
- Generates creative ideas on ways to improve trainings and conference
- Manages outside vendors
- Coordinates with Leadership Programs team ensuring all programming needs are met such as room and A/V setup, schedule of events and trainings, and on-line registration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three years’ experience managing and executing large scale events and volunteer management for fundraising and training events
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
- Impeccable follow up and follow through
- Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to prioritize requests and delegate
- Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment
- Willingness to work beyond traditional business hours
- Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
To Apply: Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, transgender people and individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.