WASHINGTON- The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and Institute today announced the election of board officers who will lead the organization as it implements a new strategic plan and chooses a new executive director to carry out the group’s mission to train, elect and support LGBTQ leaders in public roles.
A new 501(c)4 board will be chaired by Michael Grover of Atlanta. The Victory Fund board, which governs the group’s direct political work, will be chaired by Kim Hoover of Washington, D.C. The Victory Institute board will be chaired by Mike Holloman of Houston.
“We’re excited to begin the next chapter in Victory’s proud history of supporting the LGBTQ public leaders who are helping to change the world,” said Grover. “All of Victory’s board members are strongly committed to finding the best possible individual to lead a talented staff and build upon the remarkable success achieved throughout the organization’s history.”
A national search to replace Victory’s longtime staff leader, President and CEO Chuck Wolfe, is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2015. Torey Carter, the group’s managing director, will serve as interim executive director beginning January 1.
Board of Directors
- Michael Grover, Chair – Atlanta, Ga.
- Kim Hoover, Vice Chair (Victory Fund Chair) – Washington, D.C.
- Mike Holloman, Vice Chair (Victory Institute Chair) – Houston, Texas
- Paul Horning, Treasurer – Atlanta, Ga.
- Alan Roth, Secretary – Washington, D.C.
- Chris Abele – Milwaukee, Wis.
- John Arrowood – Charlotte, N.C.
- Gabe Catone – New York, N.Y.
- Steve Elmendorf – Washington, D.C.
- Joe Falk – Miami, Fla.
- Brandon Hernandez – San Francisco, Calif.
- Richard Holt – Houston, Texas
- Kim Coco Iwamoto – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Linda Kaboolian – Cambridge, Mass.
- Ross LaJeunesse – Washington, D.C.
- Bill Rouse – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Paula Schauwecker – New York, N.Y.
- Debra Shore – Chicago, Ill.
- Cyd Slayton – Kansas City, Mo.
- Mattheus Stephens – San Diego, Calif.
- John Tedstrom – San Diego, Calif.
- Louis Vega – New York, N.Y.
Victory Fund Board
- Kim Hoover, Chair
- Richard Holt, Vice Chair/Treasurer
- Cyd Slayton, Secretary
- Chris Abele
- Gabe Catone
- Steve Elmendorf
- Joe Falk
- Michael Mattmiller (ex-officio) (Victory Campaign Board co-chair)
- Mona Smith (ex-officio) (Victory Campaign Board co-chair)
- Mattheus Stephens
Victory Institute Board
- Mike Holloman, Chair
- John Arrowood, Vice Chair
- Bill Rouse, Treasurer
- Paula Schauwecker, Secretary
- Brandon Hernandez
- Paul Horning
- Kim Coco Iwamoto
- Linda Kaboolian
- Ross LaJeunesse
- Debra Shore
- John Tedstrom
- Louis Vega