Among our incredible slate of 2018 openly LGBTQ candidates:
U.S. House of Representatives
- Spotlight CandidateOhio State SenateOhioNickie is the first openly LGBTQ elected official in the Ohio General Assembly
- Game ChangerSecretary of StateNevadaNelson will be the first openly LGBTQ person elected statewide in Nevada
- North Carolina Court of AppealsNorth CarolinaJohn will become the first openly LGBTQ person elected statewide in North Carolina
- Game ChangerU.S. House of RepresentativesFloridaLauren will be one of the first openly LGBTQ members of Congress from Florida
- Spotlight CandidateGame ChangerU.S. SenatorWisconsinTammy is the first and only openly LGBTQ member of the Senate
- San Diego Unified School BoardSan Diego, CaliforniaKevin will maintain LGBTQ representation on the San Diego Unified School Board.
- Game ChangerGovernor of OregonOregonKate is the first and only openly LGBTQ governor in the U.S.
- Georgia House of RepresentativesGeorgiaPark is one of only three openly LGBTQ women serving in the Georgia House of Representatives
- Maine State SenateMaineJustin was the youngest openly gay legislator ever elected in the United States.
- Game ChangerU.S. House of RepresentativesRhode IslandDavid is one of only six openly LGBTQ members of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Maryland House of DelegatesMarylandLuke will maintain LGBTQ representation in the Maryland General Assembly.
- Game ChangerU.S. House of RepresentativesMinnesotaAngie will be the first openly LGBTQ person elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from Minnesota
- Massachusetts State SenateMassachusettsJulian will maintain LGBTQ representation of the Cape & Islands District in Massachusetts.
- Game ChangerU.S. House of RepresentativesNew MexicoPat will be the first openly LGBTQ member of Congress from New Mexico
- Missouri State SenateMissouriRyan will be the third openly LGBTQ legislator currently serving in Missouri.
- Maine House of RepresentativesMaineRyan is the youngest openly LGBTQ state legislator in the United States