We endorse openly LGBTQ political candidates for local, state and federal elective offices.
To be considered for endorsement, candidates must:
- be openly gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or queer;
- be pro-choice and support an individual’s right to privacy*;
- support the rights of transgender individuals;
- demonstrate community support and a realistic plan to win;
- demonstrate support of federal, state or local efforts to advance LGBTQ civil rights via the legislative or regulatory process**; and
- demonstrate support of federal, state or local efforts to safeguard privacy and reproductive freedom.**
*Learn more about why the right to privacy, including the right to an abortion, is central to Victory Fund’s endorsement criteria here.
**Note: Judicial endorsements are not required to meet these criteria.
Apply for Victory Fund’s Endorsement!
We are now accepting applications for the 2023 cycle. Please click below to request a 2023 endorsement application.
Please note that we process applications on a rolling monthly basis. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it takes our team a minimum of 60 days to process applications for non-incumbent candidates. If your election happens to take place within 60 days of submitting your application, please note this in your application and we will do our best to process it prior to your election.
All endorsed candidates are profiled on our website, promoted through our digital media platforms and allowed use of the Victory Fund endorsement seal. Additional technical assistance and support is provided upon request.
Spotlight Candidates (see below) are provided campaign, fundraising and communication services to support their campaign and help them win. Assistance includes campaign plan analysis, bundling and fundraising support through the Victory Campaign Board and Victory Fund donors, PAC checks, proactive media pitching, regular check-ins with the political team, and high-profile exposure in Victory Fund emails, newsletters and digital media platforms. Additional services are provided based on campaign needs.
Victory Fund awards Spotlight endorsements to candidates who can make history or increase LGBTQ representation in low-equality states or in states with few or no LGBTQ state lawmakers.