We endorse openly LGBTQ political candidates for local, state and federal elective offices.
To be considered for endorsement, candidates must:
- be openly gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or queer;
- be pro-choice and support an individuals right to privacy;
- support the rights of transgender individuals;
- demonstrate community support and a realistic plan to win;
- demonstrate support of federal, state or local efforts to advance LGBTQ civil rights via the legislative or regulatory process*; and
- demonstrate support of federal, state or local efforts to safeguard privacy and reproductive freedom.*
*Note: Judicial endorsements are not required to meet these criteria.
Apply for Victory Fund’s Endorsement!
The deadline to apply for a 2021 endorsement is Wednesday, September 1st, 2021.
Please click below to request a 2021-2022 endorsement application.
All endorsed candidates are profiled on our website, promoted through our digital media platforms and allowed use of the Victory Fund endorsement seal. Additional technical assistance and support is provided upon request.
Spotlight & Game Changer Candidates (see below) are provided campaign, fundraising and communication services to support their campaign and help them win. Assistance includes campaign plan analysis, bundling and fundraising support through the Victory Campaign Board and Victory Fund donors, PAC checks, proactive media pitching, regular check-ins with the political team, and high-profile exposure in Victory Fund emails, newsletters and digital media platforms. Additional services are provided based on campaign needs.
Game Changer Endorsements
Victory Fund awards Game Changer endorsements to statewide or federal candidates that can become historic firsts and directly impact LGBTQ representation in the highest levels of government.
Victory Fund awards Spotlight endorsements to state and local candidates who can make history or increase LGBTQ representation in low-equality states or in states with few or no LGBTQ state lawmakers.