Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR WHO RESIDE IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHO ARE AT LEAST THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) AS OF MAY 9, 2017. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND VICTORY FUND (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD A PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses), and persons living in the same household of a director, officer or employee of Sponsor (whether related or not) are not eligible to win the prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor and the directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies of these entities (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Periods. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Time) on May 10, 2017 and ends at 2:00 p.m. on May 17, 2017. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the prize.
- Prize. One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
Two tickets to the Victory Fund National Champagne Brunch and VIP reception at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. on May 21, 2017. Approximate retail value of Prize: $850. Winner is responsible for all travel-related expenses.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if two (2) attempts to contact a winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except in Sponsor’s discretion, if the prize becomes unavailable. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit or other domain name designated by Sponsor and complete and submit an online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Contribution Method: To enter by contributing money to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form here during the Promotion Period. A minimum contribution of $5 is necessary to enter via the contribution method. Entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on Sponsor’s e-mail mailing list. One entry per valid email address.
- Drawing. One (1) winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at the Victory Fund headquarters on May 17, 2017. The potential winner will be notified by phone or email by March 18, 2017. In the event the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact him/her or is otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the prize to such potential winner, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from the remaining eligible entries.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the prize, the winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope before August 1, 2017 to Victory Fund, c/o Victory Fund Sweepstakes, 1133 15th Street NW, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20001. You can also view the Winner List by visiting victoryfund.org on or after May 17, 2017, until at least July 31, 2017.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to [email protected] or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Victory Fund Sweepstakes” Questions.
- Sponsor: Victory Fund, 1133 15th Street NW, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20001.